where I am at now


Hello dear friends ^_^!
Well, life for me has been pretty full lately. Lotta stuff going on and a lot of decisions to be made. Firstly, I would like to thank all of you for your prayers. They were felt and much appreciated. True, the time that I spent in prayer was difficult, and I heard alot of things that did frighten me at first. But now I think it is safe to say that God has given me peace and trust about all that He has asked me to do. And while I have spoken to some of you individually I just realized that I had not informed most of you about what decisions I have been lead to. And since I think it is really rude to ask people to pray for you and then leave them in the dark about how God answered, I think it is time for a much needed update. I really believe that God is leading to stay in Japan for pretty much the rest of the summer.That is to say, May 30 through sometime in august. Probably the 17th. I believe He said this to me very strongly through prayer, and then reinforced it through Joshua 1: 1-9. For those of you who can't really pull what was going down in that chapter off the top of your head (I wish I knew the bible that well ^_^), it basically consists of Moses dying, and God telling Joshua to go to the promised land. Multiple times throughout that passage, God tells Joshua not to be afraid, but strong and brave, and to claim the land that He had promised them. These words really resonated in my heart and it felt like He was speaking right to me (cause He was ^_~). Don't be afraid of what I have asked you to do not only with your summer, but with your life. Through Me, you will have the bravery and strength you need to do so. Claim the land that I have promised you. The ministry. Japan. So I am going to. As to whether He just wants me there over the summer and then back here, or will lead me elsewhere at this summer's end... I am not quite sure. But I am just going to keep walking as far as I can see and trust in His will ^_^. Again, I would covet your prayer support on this matter, my friends. There is still the money issue to contend with. And also that the travel agent can work out the shift in departure dates and that the penalties will not be too extensive. Also, your prayer for me while I am over there will be very much needed as well. It was intense to be there as missionary without a team for only a week. And even though the thought of serving there for almost three months excites me to no end, my flesh still trembles somtimes at the thought ^_^.
So that's where I am at friends. No more, no less. I am going to be here, getting ready, for the month of May and then I am gone. I don't want it to sound like I am dying ;) and it is very likely that I will see you all again. Then again, I cannot say that with surity. But if I don't, I want to take this opportunity to say that your friendships have meant the world to me. Some of you know me all to well, and to some of you I am only an aquaintance. But either way, I don't think that there is one of you that I haven't been honored to have met. Anata wa subarashi des yo! And I hope that we can still have some good times this month, if ya'll have the time ;D. LQTM. (Wow, that sounded like a ploy to get people to hang out. Sorry about that. No ploys intended. Just enjoy hanging with you guys ^_~. Totally up to you ;D. Understand if you'd rather pass ^_^. Oh no, that sounded like a ploy too. AAARRRRGGGG! (to quote charlie brown))
Anyway, see ya when I see ya.
Yours in our Lord with all sincerity,Alex J. Robinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment