I need prayer



Dear Friend,
I need you to pray for me. If you know me well, (or, then again, if you are nothing but a casual aquaitance that talks to me with any regularity ^_^) you know that I have been planning on being a missionary this summer in Japan for about a month. Quite recently, the person I will be serving with while I am there has asked me to extend my time there. Two weeks, another month, or maybe the whole summer. Whatever God wants. Of course it is this aspect of the situation that I am not sure of at the moment. What does God want? By staying longer, I will be able to work with other missionaries that are going to be there this summer and be a part of a ministry far bigger than could have been accomplished were I the only one. But while this makes me excited beyond belief and I am eager for it, I do not want to be fool hardy and act of my own accord. I am no longer my own. So I need God's guidance. On many different areas. How long He wants me to stay. What it is that He wants me to do or not do. How I am going to live in Japan the rest of the summer when I don't have the money to really do it, and even if I do, it is all my savings apart from college. Should I dip into my college savings. Is this just going to be the start of a longer mission for which I will put off college and follow and in the process never see any of you again? I have always said that if you can't see far ahead, walk as far as you can see. However, right now I really can't see. But in the blindness that surrounds me now, the Lord has promised to be a lamp unto my feet and to light my path. So please pray for me.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you all.
Alex J. Robinson ><>

No comments:

Post a Comment