Japan Newsletter - Jan 8, 2009



Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Happy new year!!! I pray that all of you are well and that your Christmas season was truly a joyful one. My December was quite an eventful time for me, full of Christmas outreaches, wonderful ministries, and of course so many blessings from God. Truly, His faithfulness just leaves me awestruck sometimes. Were should I start?
Well firstly, I would like to thank you all for your prayers about my language abilities. I think God has brought me to a bit of a "clicking" point when it comes to Japanese. It is hard to describe it, but some of my Japanese friends who learned English had similar experiences. It's kind of like it just flows out you without having to translate what you are saying into English in your head. Like you are talking from another part of your brain. Anyway, it's pretty cool and I am grateful to God for getting me this far.
Also, thank you for praying for the big outreaches that I mentioned in the last letter. The Women's Christmas Outreach, the Christmas Program. The Christmas Eve Candle Light Service all went very well. All were great and everyone had opportunities to invite unsaved family and friends. And surprisingly, a lot of those invited came. We had a packed house every time. Some have even visited services after the fact which is always a blessing. Please pray for the unsaved currently attending services, pray for good relationships to be formed and for the spirit to be working in their hearts. But I think my favorite outreach in the last month would have to be the Children's English Christmas program in Saitama. Saitama Horizon has a English school functioning out of it and they invited me to put on a Christmas Program for their students. It was an amazing time. We sang Christmas carols, made cloth angels, and I was able to share about gospel to them through talking about the meaning of Christmas. The kids enjoyed themselves and all of them wanted me to come back soon and I hope to be much more involved in this ministry in the future.
Anyway, as for prayer requests, naturally I have quite a few. But the mainstay of them are about the ministries in this new year. Please be praying for the next semester of Shine Kids that will be coming up soon and also for the Shine Kids Program that I am feeling led to start in our sister church in Setagaya. Please be praying for lots of kids, great relationships with families, and that God's will would be done. Also be praying about my possible involvement in the Horizon Language School in this next year. It would be a great opportunity to come in contact with Japanese people I wouldn't ordinarily meet. However, my involvement still remains in question. Also please be praying for Funky Friday. There have been some difficulties in the ministry lately.
God bless you all. I will be praying for you. Please drop me a line if you have the time.
Yours in our Lord,
Alex J. Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment