Japan Newsletter- Dec 3, 2008



Dear brothers and sisters,
Hello and many greetings to you. I am sorry to have taken so much time to write you again. My days have been full lately and God continues to move and work in this land. But not a day has gone by that my heart hasn't found you one way or another. I have so very much to tell you. Firstly, thank you for praying for the events that were coming up the last time I wrote you. The Classical Concert, The Horizon Café, The Setagaya Fall festival all went better than we had hoped and many from the surrounding communities came. Please pray that the strengthening of these relationships would continue and the church would grow to be more and more a place of safety and love in the eyes of the community.
The Homeless Ministry continues on and has been going well. Recently we held the Homeless Thanksgiving in Yoyogi Park not far from where we usually do ministry. We brought a lot of food and clothing and praised be to God, over a hundred and fifty homeless people came for it. Unfortunately, even though the goods we gave to the people there were very much needed (especially with the winter coming upon us so quickly here), we did not have time to talk with anyone as we had to pack everything up quickly before the police arrived. You see, before we had the homeless ministry in Yoyogi, there was another ministry in Shinjuku that was very good and that I was able to serve at in previous trips. However it got very big. And after a while the police shut it down under the heading of park health. They don't like the homeless congregating in large groups because it doesn't make the park look good. And they have started to eyeball us over in Yoyogi as well. So we have to make a fast exit when the police are about to go on patrol. Please be praying about this situation. I have just started to develop relationships with the people that hang out in Yoyogi and know many by name and know their stories. I don't want to have to loose that and start over somewhere else.
The other ministries have been good. Funky Friday, the youth and co-worker outreach over in Setagaya is about to have a big launching event to get us into the community and church eye again. Pray that it will go well. We continue to hope and pray that it will be a way to speak to the large youth community in Setagaya, a place lacking many other churches to do so. The English class over in Setagaya that we teach through the bible hasn't grown, but relationships are being made stronger. Pray for the unsaved within the class. Also, since pastor Jeremiah left, I have been put in charge of leading the International Wednesday Night Bible Study. Things have been going well and God continues to work in the hearts of people in it. Pray for the unsaved that have started attending recently. Pray that they would see God through this study and through the saved that they now spend time with. Please continue to pray for all the ministries, that God would bless them.
And lastly, please be praying for me. Pray for wisdom and that God would continue to grow me into who he wants me to be. Sometimes I step back from the work that I am involved in and say to myself "I am probably the worst choice for this work". My youth and my inexperience in these things often cross my mind. But, God is good and merciful. He uses the least of us to work His wonders. So I am not really worried. Just grateful. But still, growing is good and I still have a long way to go.
Thank you again for your prayer in all this. Come and join me any time you like. The workers are few here.

Lovingly and Gratefully yours,
Alex J. Robinson
P.S. Photos and hopefully video of Shine Kids Club to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment