I am o.k...


Dear friends,
I know that there are many of you who have been concerned about my safety. I want to let you know that I am O.K. The earthquake was horrible on the mainland of Japan. Upon hearing the news of the earthquake there, I began to pray. The phones went down during that time and the hours afterward. I could not get in contact with anybody there. We spent much of the afternoon and the evening praying with my Japanese brothers and sisters here who also had family on the mainland and could not make contact with either. We did not know much, but we comforted one another in the fact that God was in control. I began to try to make contact with people via email and facebook due to the phones being down. In addition to the phones, the trains were also down there. Many could not locate there families and loved ones when I first began to contact them. Fortunately, apart from cuts, bruises, and damage to the buldings and property, everyone I know there seems to be o.k. Praise the God who by His right hand protects his children. Please keep praying for Japan, the damage is extensive and many have lost there lives. Pray for those in ministry here. for the wisdom in how to minister to the grieving and injured.
Last night I was given this passage that seemed right for this moment.

Psalm 46

God is our refuge and strength,a very present help in trouble.
2Therefore will not we fear,though the earth be removed,
and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 though the waters thereof roar and be troubled,
though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof.
Selah.
4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God,
the holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of her;she shall not be moved:
God shall help her, and that right early.
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved:
he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7The LORD of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our refuge.
Selah.
8 Come, behold the works of the LORD,
what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth;
he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder;
he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God:
I will be exalted among the heathen,
I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The LORD of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our refuge.
Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment