Japan Newsletter, Jan 2011

Dear Friends,
It is good to be writing you all again. I have good news to report. My time in Toyko was wonderful. I was able to reconnect with many people during my time there, both christian friends and people I have ministered to in the past. I was able to see all of the shine kids from Setagaya again. I put on a little christmas program, during which I was able to share about Jesus and His love for them. Actually it was really cool. I remember asking why we celebrate christmas, and my youngest student, little Ayu, stood up and said "イエスのうまれたときです." (it's when Jesus was born). It is so beautiful the way God works and how he grows the seeds He has us plant. When I met the Shine kids, none had even heard of Jesus. I felt like crying. Please pray for the hearts of those children, that God would continue to grow the seeds planted and continue to draw them to himself. It doesn't matter if I am there or not. He is always faithful, and His love for them is sovereign. Praise Him.

Also, I was able to teach again at the church in Machida and Setagaya before I left. Jeremiah was away in kagoshima, scouting out the land for the church plant he has been lead to do there (Please pray for him in this. He is leaving later this year), and asked me to lead the bible study and give the message while he was gone. It was a powerful experience for me and I praise God for allowing me to do so. Hopefully, the message will be posted online pretty soon on the church's homepage. I will tell you when it is up.

I got some video from my time in Tokyo, but it is not much and it is kinda random. I will probably be able to put it up soon, but it is not very good. I am still in the learning process about when to film and when not to.

Anyway, on the 27th, I flew out to Okinawa! I am now settled into the dorm and orientation is on monday. Please pray for me. I know it is weird to say, however I am experiencing a pretty good amount of culture shock. The culture and atmosphere of this island is very different from what I have become used to in tokyo. The way people talk and relate to one another is something that will require a fair amount of adaptation. Luckily, the okinawan accent has not caused me too much trouble, but the way they think is alot different and the pace is strange to me as well. I'll have to explain later. We are going to be eating lunch soon and have to go.

Anway, I'll do a part 2 soon.

Much love,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment